6.30.2010

Fun fun Summer Birthday!

Yesterday was Aubrey's 19th birthday and it was so much fun! She wanted to have a really Ataris day and spend it with Joel, me, and Mike. After waking up at 6am on my own (that means NO ALARM CLOCK) I came on to the computer to look at some photography websites and stuff to get in the mood to take cool pictures! Then I really wanted to sleep some more so I took a half hour nap before I had to start getting ready for the day. After I had showered and done my hair, I went to Mike's house to pick up the Contour to go get it washed because it was filthy. I felt like such a mom because there were these other two moms at the car wash sitting next to me and getting their husband's cars washed. Ha! But anyway, then we went to start our adventure. While listening to The Ataris in Mike's clean car, we began by eating at the "Tole House Cafe" on Etiwanda. Their pancakes are huge by the way. So if you try to order them, be sure that you're in a Man vs. Food kind of mood!

Photo by: Me
After that, we stopped at the gas station and made our way to the Griffith Observatory. We wanted to do anything that didn't cost money, or at least not too much money. On the way over there, we saw this huge news crew and lots of traffic on the Eastbound 210 Fwy off of Baseline in Claremont! We didn't know what it was at the time, but this morning I was shocked to find out that there was a body that was burnt to a crisp! It wasn't an accident, someone killed someone and threw them on the freeway! Click here to see the story! It's intense! We made it to the Observatory safe and sound and after Mike's 10 minute bathroom trip we managed to get some pictures in front of it!


Photo by: Me

Photo by: Aubrey


Photo by: Me

Photo by: Me

Photo by: Me

Photo by: Me


We walked around the place for awhile, saw some cool stuff and watched a show that surprisingly didn't make me dizzy this time! It was cold there too because it was overcast! It kind of upset me because I had checked the we ather and saw that it said it would be 86 degrees in LA. It probably didn't reach that temperature 'til like...4 o'clock. It was still fun! It was getting close to lunch time but we weren't too hungry yet. We just wanted a little snack. So we headed over to Beverly Hills to visit the ever-famous Sprinkles cupcakes!!! A little adventure was involved with finding a parking spot, but we got one, got the goods, and headed to a little grass park with huge trees!

Photo by: Me

Photo by: Me


Photo by: Me

Photo by: Me

Photo by: Aubrey

Photo by: Me

It was so delicious and tons of fun! There are lots more pictures that we took there, but those will be for keepsake in a personal photo album. (AKA I'm too lazy to upload them here...) Anyway, after that, we took the long way to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles in Pasadena! Me and Mike had recently eaten there for the first time and it is insanely deluctable! Wow! So we were excited to see what they thought of the experience! :) Those pictures we took on my polaroid camera so I'll upload them here in a minute, but first I need to scan them in.




[Okay so my scanner doesn't work, ugh!
I had to take a picture of the polaroids and
then upload them that way...sorry for the
poor quality! But hey, whatever.]


It was a long and wonderful day that went by so quickly! After lunch/dinner we drove Aubrey and Joel back to Joel's house and took a few quick shots that I really wanted to get!!!

Photo by: Me

Photo by: Me

Photo by: Me

It was beautiful! Then me and Mike had to jam to practice to get there by 7pm! We are going to be playing on song this Sunday that absolutely is AMAZING. Seriously, I love it so much. I'm so excited to play it!!! Then we packed up and changed really quick and made our way to Victoria Gardens to see the midnight showing of Twilight: Eclipse. It was my first midnight showing, and it was okay. Haha I'm not very good at staying up late so I had a hard time keeping my eyes open! But the movie was alright, I'm not much of a Twilight fan! :) Overall, today was perfectly fun and I hope the summer keeps going like this filled lots of adventure and fun pictures!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates