12.12.2010

Sharing My Thoughts!

The other night I was sitting at my house watching TV with Mike and my dad walks into the room and says, "What are you doing with your life?" He said it kind of as a joke but the conversation that carried on changed everything for me! My dad started asking me what I like to do, what I'm good at, what I can do for the rest of my life. I didn't really have an answer for him. So Mike asked me, "If there was a genie that could make it so you were able to be the best at one thing and you had sixty seconds to decide, what would it be?" Sixty seconds went by and I couldn't answer him! By this point I was very discouraged and didn't really want to keep talking about the subject. But Mike kept going....
Basically we kept talking for about an hour about the whole thing and finally hit a breakthrough! It took writing out a list, establishing that I have the tools to accomplish what I want to do, and understanding that it can all happen right now!
I've decided to follow my childhood dream of becoming a rock climber. I don't know why I've waited so long to attempt going for this goal, but I'm doing it and I started yesterday!!! Now I have a purpose to run, exercise, lose weight, eat better. I'm so excited and it's going to be so much fun!!! Just wanted to share :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates